PayPal Software Engineer 3 in San Jose, California
Software Engineer 3in San Joseat PayPal
Date Posted: 11/24/2018
Employee Type: Full-Time
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 11/24/2018
Job ID: R0037309
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 254 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
• Design and write high quality, high performance web based applications
• Participate in development life cycle activities like release planning, coding, testing and production release
• Work closely with product managers for feature requirements and deliver highest quality features
• Participate in fixing production issues
• Proven working experience in software development
• Experience with remote data via RESTful APIs and JSON
• Solid understanding of the full web development life cycle
• Passion for designing and engineering rich user interfaces
• Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
• Hands-on knowledge of version control systems such as GIT
• Ability to think logically, diagnose/triage
• Driven to execute and follow through
• Knowledge of HTML, CSS, JQuery
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Individuals seeking employment at PayPal are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You have the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.