PayPal Senior Native iOS Engineer (Node.js) in San Jose, California
Senior Native iOS Engineer (Node.js)in San Joseat PayPal
Date Posted: 11/12/2018
Employee Type: Full-Time
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 11/12/2018
Job ID: R0030344
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 254 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
We are seeking to reinvent the way we purchase with others. PayPal currently enables millions of people around the world to complete their purchases. As a company PayPal has a breadth of experience combined with international reach. We intend to bring depth to that experience in new ways and to do so by leveraging the latest and greatest in technology.
For starters, we are looking for iOS engineers who are impassioned by the idea working with a wide range of technologies. This role would have you joining a team that provides the opportunities of a startup but without any of the potential instability and loss of work/life balance that comes with working for one. The best of both worlds.
This role will grow into one of leadership and direction as the team grows. Expect to teach and mentor others about the various things you’ll learn along the way.
What we do matters—both to us and to millions of people around the world.
Day to day:
• Work with product and design teams to develop new ideas and explore new opportunities.
• Bring product and code improvement ideas to the team.
• Be willing and able to learn new technologies and programming languages when the need to do so arises
• Care strongly about developing amazing user experiences.
• Comfortable working with Xcode, Interface Builder, Objective-C/C++ and Swift.
• Excited about the opportunity to explore new technologies and programming languages when the need arises.
• Experience with Core ML (1 or 2) or other Machine Learning frameworks.
• Experience with ARKit (1 or 2) or other Augmented Reality frameworks.
• Experience working with Core Location and MapKit.
• Familiarity with animation in iOS.
• Previous experience gamifying an application.
• Previous experience with Java/Kotlin and Android.
• Experience developing Node.js applications. You’re familiar with ES6/7 features and you’ve used Babel to deploy that code in production.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Individuals seeking employment at PayPal are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You have the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.