PayPal Product Manager - Payments in San Jose, California
Product Manager - Paymentsin San Joseat PayPal
Date Posted: 11/7/2018
Employee Type: Full-Time
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 11/7/2018
Job ID: R0039445
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 254 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
We are seeking a passionate Product management professional to be part of the Payments Product team. In this role, you will be leading the technology platform that powers PayPal payments and experiences for PayPal's ecosystem of Marketplaces, Merchants and Developers. You will provide the End to End Payments Product management for the exciting Marketplaces and the Partners Portfolio. This role requires you to be hands on, creative and will give an exposure to PayPal’s breadth of global payment solutions.
Manage one or more business initiatives, gather requirements, drive execution with laser-focused quality.
• You will be measured by the agility of the stakeholders that use the platform service you implement, including such KPIs as speed of stakeholder ramp-up; speed of new services design delivery and deployment; ability to integrate changes to existing services.
• Collaborate closely with regional teams and other related product managers, technical architects, engineers and other cross-functional stakeholders, to ensure that the product solution delivers against business objectives.
• Work cross-organizationally with customer support, operations, legal, compliance, risk management, engineering, and other functional areas, to ensure alignment with related go-to-market activities.
• Ensuring cross-functional product team execution (with Project Manager and Engineering Manager), meeting project milestone dates, driving decisions across teams and escalating appropriately.
• Strong understanding of payments domain and payments industry
• Good understanding of platform service models, including Platform as a Service (PaaS)
• Experience with Web Services and Service Oriented Architectures (REST APIs)
• Ability to lead, drive consensus and deliver in a matrix organization with multiple stakeholders
• Strong background in analytics and CDI to make product decisions and to iterate rapidly
• Strong experience in core product management, including customer analysis, market segmentation, KPI management, operational management and roadmap development
• 3+ years' experience with software or technology product management. Strong technology background, including prior development/management experience desired.
• 3+ year’s experience managing platform as a product through the full life-cycle
• 3+ years' experience with service oriented architecture and Agile development methodologies
• 3+ years' experience leading and effectively managing a complex platform that is highly reliable and scalable
• 3+ years' experience working with globalized products
• 3+ years' experience building and managing large distributed systems desired
• Proven experience of managing products, budgets and justifying resource needs to senior leaders and finance partners
• Engineering and or engineering management experience a plus
• Metrics driven, can draw insights from large data sets to tune the API engagement
• Experience working with customers, to ensure correct use of services
• Ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly and understand how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong, talented, opinionated team
• Strong ability to translate product needs to technology and understand technology
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Individuals seeking employment at PayPal are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You have the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.