PayPal Integration Engineer 2 in San Jose, California
Integration Engineer 2in San Joseat PayPal
Date Posted: 12/5/2018
Employee Type: Full-Time
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 12/5/2018
Job ID: R0040117
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 254 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The SMB Integration Engineer is a key member of the Global Professional Services Organization team, responsible for providing technical consulting and support, product guidance to new new PayPal merchants on PayPal payment processing services. Working in conjunction with Business Unit Sales team, the engineer is involved in pre-sales/ post-sales process for negotiations and technical solution brainstorming for a variety of high volume consumer and merchant solutions including web and mobile applications, browsers, platforms, operating systems and point of sale devices. We are seeking a dynamic individual with fast innovative thinking skills, strong communication skills, excels at customer interaction, exceptional technical and problem troubleshooting skills, and a solid business acumen and can thrive in a collaborative team environment.
Provide technical analysis, technical solution design, software engineering support, and product function expertise to business implementing PayPal payment processing solutions
• Provide feedback to PayPal Product Managers, PayPal Software Engineering, and other internal groups on implementation and feature requests.
• Mentor newer Integration Engineers, lead team projects, and assist in developing and implementing tactical and strategic team goals
• Conduct detailed business process analysis, documenting customer’s business model and requirements
• Create technical solution design documents used to guide businesses in the implementation of PayPal solutions.
• Provide technical guidance to business’ customers and their developers in implementation of PayPal payment processing solutions.
• Ensure customers implement PayPal payment processing solutions with a high degree of quality and use optimal integration strategies and techniques. Identify, troubleshoot, and run test scenarios for technical issues with PayPal code, software, hardware, devices, and endpoints; communicate fixes or workarounds for issues.
• Generate and review in-depth technical information including sample code, white papers, FAQs, and snippets for distribution to PayPal customers.
• Provide technical business solutions to customers and their software developers, and address PayPal product questions.
• Attend meetings, point of contact or stakeholder for projects, and conduct presentations.
• Participate in the development of tools, systems, and processes aimed at improving product supportability or overall support productivity.
• Advise management and appropriate groups on support issues impacting customer satisfaction and provide recommendations for appropriate actions. Perform after hour’s on-call coverage for escalations and critical issues.
Master’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering
3 years of experience as a systems engineer or software engineer
Bachelor’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or closely related quantitative discipline and 3 years of experience in the job offered
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Individuals seeking employment at PayPal are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You have the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.