PayPal Data Scientist in San Jose, California
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 305 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
In your role as a Lead Data-Scientist, you will:
· Work with partners to translate business challenges into Data Science problems
· Mine data and extract information in PayPal’s Big (!) Data environment
· Leverage Machine Learning algorithms to solve real-life problems
· Work with engineers and product managers to develop and deliver E2E data science driven solutions that bring real business value
· Analyze various kinds of data to conclude actionable insights
· Carry out independent research and innovation in new content, ML and technological domains, while supporting existing projects
· Masters, PhD, or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, etc.
· 1-2 years Product/Marketing data science work experience - an advantage
· Code writing capability in any programming language (Python, R, Java, Scala, etc.) and familiarity with relevant ML packages
· Hadoop experience (PIG, Hive, Spark)
· Strong analytical skills
· Excellent spoken and written English
· Team worker, responsible, delivery-oriented
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.