PayPal Senior Analyst, Global Legal Inventory in Dublin, Ireland
Senior Analyst, Global Legal Inventoryin Dublinat PayPal
Date Posted: 12/5/2018
Employee Type: Full-Time
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 12/5/2018
Job ID: R0039607
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 254 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Senior Analyst, Global Legal Inventory
• Supporting the creation and ongoing management of compliance laws and regulations (Legal Inventory) that apply to PayPal globally.
• Focusing on the implementation and ongoing management of PayPal’s Legal Inventory, which will include working with Legal, Compliance, and various control partners within the organization to inform, review and assist in the implementation of regulatory changes across the organization.
• Managing the legal inventory database and workflow system to ensure all regulatory changes are properly identified and routed to the appropriate stakeholders for review and approval.
• Providing governance and oversight to changes to global legal inventory which may include facilitating working sessions with legal and various control partners to review the applicability of a law or regulation to PayPal’s products and services, providing summaries of anticipated regulatory changes and performing regulatory analysis to identify similarities between regional regulations to help facilitate the creation of regulatory “best practices” within PayPal.
• Leading through influence, personal conviction, and sensitivity. Building trust and fostering relationships with key stakeholders. Building impactful cross-functional relationships by promoting the “one team” concept in a variety of ways on a daily basis.
• Supporting and promoting an environment of team member engagement and diversity where everyone feels included, valued, and supported to do the work that energizes and inspires them to go farther together and achieve success.
• Establishing guidelines, procedures, and common tracking and reporting tools.
• Ability to work across multiple control areas and lead large scale large scale regulatory change; while multitasking and meeting deadlines despite competing priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, self-starter and highly motivated to work in a fast paced and changing environment.
• Ability to credibly challenge solutions and reporting, ensuring that timely escalation of issues and concerns occurs as and when appropriate.
• Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment.
• Proven ability to operate in ambiguous environments and exhibit agility in navigating from current state to proposed solutions.
• Strong experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both.
• Bachelor’s degree and knowledge of the financial services compliance or regulatory environment is preferred.
• Strong project management skills.
• Strong computer knowledge; excellent MS Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint skills.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills.
What we offer?
• Future career opportunities with international exposure via PayPal’s network of global locations.
• A supportive and diverse environment that allows our employees to thrive and learn.
• Flexible working.
• Attractive compensation and benefits.
• A socially innovative company that helps communities world wide through charitable giving or donation of time (i.e. habitat for Life volunteering).
• A green, sustainable working environment.
• An opportunity to be a part of a community that is committed to fostering the following 4 cultural values: Innovation & Creativity; Collaboration; Diversity & Inclusion and Wellness.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Individuals seeking employment at PayPal are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You have the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.