PayPal MTS1 Software Engineer in Chennai, India
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 305 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
· Prototype new ideas in infrastructure for management and operation of PayPal’s Messaging & Streaming Platforms
· Analyze, Engineer and improve stability, efficiency, and scalability of the messaging platform
· Ability to lead software projects working with a group of junior engineers.
· Work closely with Architects, lead engineers and business on product design and features.
· Prototype ideas quickly using cutting edge technologies
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
· Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field with a minimum of 8+ years of experience; Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 10+ years of directly related work experience.
· 10+ years of experience building distributed systems software infrastructure platforms using C, C++, Java, Go or Scala
· Skilled in Operating Systems like Linux/Unix at the system call API level
· Knowledge of TCP/IP BSD socket networking API
· 3+ years of experience with relational database systems like Oracle, PostgreSQL or MySQL is preferable
· 3+ years of experience working with messaging infrastructure like Apache ActiveMQ and Apache Kafka is highly desirable
· 3+ years of experience with at least one of the cloud platforms like Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Azure
· Experience with cloud native technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
· Experience in at least one dynamic language such as Perl, Python or Ruby.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Motivated and interested delivering results, especially in the area of writing high-performance, reliable and maintainable code.
· Ability to adapt to new development environments, changing business requirements and learning new systems highly desired.
· Good team player, able to effectively work across multiple teams on solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements in a fast-paced environment
· Prior experience building/operating large-scale distributed systems and services
Contributions to open-source projects preferably in the platform space
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.