PayPal MTS 1, Software Engineer in Bengaluru, India
MTS 1, Software Engineerin Bangaloreat PayPal
Date Posted: 12/5/2018
Employee Type: Full-Time
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 12/5/2018
Job ID: R0039972
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 254 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary As part of the Risk Infrastructure Engineering team, this software engineering role will design, develop and maintain key risk framework products features targeted towards availability, performance and scalability of PayPal services. The role expects high standard of engineering excellence with some practical experience or at least strong conceptual understanding in building and maintaining internet-scale applications and services.
• Be Part of the high performing PayPal EServ Product Development team. Work passionately towards designing, developing and maintaining key risk infrastructure framework products targeted towards availability, performance and scalability of PayPal services.
• This individual should be skilled in core java and have a sound understanding of design patterns and service oriented architectural principles. Should also have a sound understanding of system side software.
This individual should be able to demonstrate craftsmanship by efficiently producing elegant, clean code.
• The code should be well-commented, easy to maintain, and can be reused across a sub-system or feature; it is thoroughly tested with very few bugs and is supported by unit tests.
• The individual should be an active participant in the product design and code reviews for self and team and can competently review any aspect of their product or major sub-system.
Should be able to guide other teams in right usage of the framework.
• The Individual should Know how to identify Performance bottlenecks and use good coding patterns to avoid them in the first place.
• This individual should have experience in software design patterns, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Relevant experience of 10+ years is expected.
• Payments or financial industry experience would be a plus
• Enhance and maintain existing product capabilities
• Play an active role in implementing and providing feedback on new processes
• Provide technical guidance, assistance to other software engineers.
• Adhere to release/project schedule and milestones.
• Design core, backend software components that interact with databases and other services.
• Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources.
• Work with various cross functional teams like Product and BU and come up with effective processes and solutions to solve business needs.
• Ability to work in a team as well as independently and deliver on aggressive goals individually as well as a team
• Experience of more than 10 years in software development
• Excellent Java/J2EE, Spring Framework, Maven, Jenkin, Design Patterns, SQL, Unix/Linux skills.Experience in Decision platforms like ODM a plus.
• Good communication skills
• Experience working with remote development teams
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Must be detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with the ability to appropriately prioritize
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science / Engineering Preferred
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Individuals seeking employment at PayPal are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You have the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.